Attorney Jim Desmond
I’m attorney Jim Desmond, and I dedicate my law practice to helping Kentucky and Indiana residents get the financial settlement they need to cover the cost of their car or motorcycle accident. I am an experienced car wreck injury lawyer that you can contact directly on my phone for immediate legal advice.
I have been handling car wreck claims in Kentucky and Indiana for over 20 years, and for me, it is pretty simple. You have been in an automobile or motorcycle accident and you are facing questions that you never expected. These may include: Who is going to pay for your medical bills? Can I trust this insurance company? When I have questions, I want answers. If I am paying an attorney a portion of personal injury settlement, I expect answers. I make it simple.
Yes you might catch me in the car or with the kids screaming in the background but, unlike most attorneys you can catch me. You have questions and I do this kind of work every day. You will deal directly with me, not a paralegal or an answering service.
Remember, the first and most important thing is to get checked out by a hospital or a family doctor. No one is saying you have to make a personal injury claim or that you should obtain medical treatment if you were not hurt. However, the most important aspect of a pain and suffering claim caused from a car wreck is to know the extent of your injuries and to document the extent of that injury through medical records. Although contacting a car wreck attorney in Louisville KY is equally important, your health comes first.
See what my clients say about me, by visiting my testimonial page.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Car Wrecks
- Motorcycle Wrecks
- Commercial Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Kentucky, 1993
- Indiana, 1994
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky
- J.D. – 1993
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. – May, 1989
- Major: Psychology
- Instructor, Legal Research and Business Law, Sullivan College, 1996
- Instructor, Legal Research and Business Law, Kentucky College of Business, 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member
- The American Association for Justice, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Attorney, Becker Law Office, 2001 – 2005, Handling Personal Injury Claims
- Metal Sales Manufacturing, Yellow Ambulance and Yellow Cab Company, Corporate Counsel, 2000 – 2001, Handling legal matters for a self-insured, motor carrier fleet
- Litigation Professional, Sharps & Associates, 1997 – 2000, Handling ERISA subrogation claims on behalf of health insurance carriers
- Clark, Ward & Cave, Associate, 1995 – 1997, Defending Insurance Companies from Personal Injury Claims
- Hollis Searcy & Associates, Associate, 1994 – 1995, Solo, general practice of law
- Judge William Graham, Franklin Circuit Court, Clerk, 1993 – 1994, Assisting a Circuit Court Judge with Memoranda, Pleadings and Opinions
DON’T SIGN A PERSONAL INJURY RELEASE UNLESS YOU HAVE CONTACTED AN EXPERIENCED PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER!