Attorney Zack Hendon
Zack Hendon specializes in representing injured workers and accident victims. He was born and raised in Henry County, Georgia. He earned his Bachelors of Business Administration degree from the University of Georgia in 1981. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Georgia in 1984. Zack began practicing law in Henry County in 1984 with the law firm of Smith, Welch & Meadows.
After practicing for two years in McDonough, Zack Hendon worked in-house for Liberty Mutual Insurance Company for more than 20 years defending the policy holders of Liberty Mutual, Wausau, Summit and Montgomery Insurance Companies. He specialized in defending personal injury cases before juries in federal and state courts from 1986 until 1996 including tractor trailer litigation. In 1996 he began defending workers’ compensation cases for Liberty Mutual and their affiliated companies Wausau, Summit and Montgomery Insurance Companies until January 2007.
In February 2007, Zack Hendon opened The Hendon Law Firm, LLC which specializes in representing injured workers before the State Board of Workers’ Compensation and in representing truck wreck victims in court. He is a member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and a frequent speaker at attorney seminars such as:
- WCCL Board of Directors (Workers’ Compensation Claimant’s Lawyers), 2015
- President, Cobb Trial Lawyers Association., 2018
- Pres., Henry County Bar Association, 1985
- WCCL Executive Committee, division of GTLA, 2010 – 2012
- GTLA WCCL Board of Directors, 2014
- Secretary (Statewide election) of Workers’ Comp Claimant’s Lawyers section of Georgia Trial Lawyers Association to present (two year term)., 2018
- Cobb County Bar Association, 2008
- Cobb Trial Lawyers Association, 2008
- Secretary, Cobb Trial Lawyers Association, 2014
- Cobb Trial Layers Association, Treasurer (County Election), 2016 to present
- Treasurer (Statewide election) of Workers’ Comp Claimant’s Lawyers section of Georgia Trial Lawyers Association to present (two year term)., 2016
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA), 2008
- WCCL Board of Directors, 2013
Recent Case Results
Below is a sample of settlements or trials obtained since 2008. These results are by way of example only and are not intended to create an expectation that similar results can be obtained in any particular case as all cases are fact specific. Some of these cases were liability cases and some were workers’ comp cases. In the workers’ comp cases, the injured worker also received (in addition to the amount entered below) thousands of dollars of income and medical benefits for a long period prior to settling their case unless otherwise specified:
- $2,800,000 for liability case involving death caused by unsafe gas station property.
- $2,425,000 for another contested death liability case.
- $215,000 shoulder surgery from tractor trailer accident.
- $375,000 for 60 year old worker with a partial leg amputation.
- $186,500 for low back injury to a mechanic after he had received over one year of income benefits and medical treatment.
- $175,000 for an injured painter after years of benefits for a left tibia fracture with knee complications.
- $70,000 for twisted left knee of waiter after surgery.
- $52,500 for left arthroscopic knee injury to a certified Nursing assistant.
- $50,000 for mover after he received income benefits and had arthroscopic surgery for an injured shoulder.
- $48,750 for an injured waiter after he received benefits and had arthroscopic knee surgery.
- $47,500 for cervical strain to a pharmacy technician.
- $110,000 for fractured fibula and post surgical changes of tibia.
- $110,000 for a manufacturing worker after undergoing a L4-5 laminetomy and disc excision.
- $100,000 for a right shoulder fracture and rotator cuff tear for a food service worker.
- $95,000 plus $51,000 for future medical benefits for a toy store worker after lumbar injury, left shoulder and rotator cuff repair and cervical strain.
- $87,500 for bilateral partial thickness rotator cuff tear to a parts driver.
- $85,000 for left knee medial meniscus tear.
- $80,000 for neck strain and rib fracture of an electrician.
- $80,000 to a truck driver for tendon tears to the right wrist.
- $80,000 for lady who worked for a manufacturer and injured her left shoulder resulting in a left shoulder and rotator cuff repair.
- $70,000 for truck driver with a neck injury.
- $75,000 for a truck driver with rotator cuff tear and cervical disc bulge.
- $74,500 left knee posterior lateral meniscus tear for a department store worker.
- $70,000 for a low back injury to a grocery clerk.
- $158,750 for a warehouse worker with a lumbar fusion and failed back syndrome, after receiving years of benefits.
- $150,000 for construction worker who had a low back fusion and laminectomy.
- $135,000 for a certified nursing assistant with a back injury.
- $120,000 for a health care professional who required a total knee replacement.
- $117,500 to worker with a head injury.
With over 20 years of experience as in-house trial counsel with a major insurance company, Zack Hendon is uniquely qualified to represent injured workers and accident victims. For his track record of securing favorable results, Mr. Hendon has been recognized throughout the legal community. He holds an Avvo “Superb” rating and has earned the highest peer review rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Hendon is a member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, the State Bar of Georgia and the Cobb County Bar Association. He was elected as President of the Cobb Trial Lawyers Association and as the Secretary of the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Claimants’ Lawyers organization in 2018. He is a published author and frequent guest lecturer.
See what Clients are saying here, or simply call The Hendon Law Firm NOW on the number below!